Networks | Wide Area Network (WAN)
Give yourself a WAN negotiation edge
PURCHASING A WAN IS FAR FROM SIMPLE
Key questions include:
- What are my real bandwidth requirements?
- What service level agreement (SLA) and contract should I negotiate?
- Which technologies should I consider, is multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) the only option?
- What can virtual private LAN service (VPLS) deliver for my business?
- How can I improve resilience?
- What about international locations, how would WAN optimisation help me deliver improved services globally?
- If I am running a converged voice and data network, how should I specify additional features such as Quality of Service (QoS) for voice and video?
- What do I need to consider when centralising services to an outsourced data centre?
At ISN we can help you answer these questions. Our team have extensive WAN experience which includes:
We understand the different product offerings, their strengths and weaknesses in a real world environment.
We have in depth understanding of the various suppliers, their financial stability and market strengths and weaknesses. This knowledge is critical when selecting a supplier for a given territory and to ensure a reliable solution.
From the management of almost continuous procurement processes we are quickly able to benchmark costs and understand how far suppliers will go in cost negotiation. This comprehensive understanding gives our clients a negotiating edge in contract and further cost discussions.
Call or email us for a friendly, no obligation conversation
ISN first helped us with network consultancy and we were soon looking for ways to use them in other areas. Today they manage our networks, firewalls, remote server access and are often called in on other projects. They price their work competitively, manage relationships well and are a great team to work with.
Graham Woods: IT Project Manager, ISS UK